28 Apr Choosing the best CMS for your website: WordPress or Wix?
To start with any kind of business nowadays is really important to have a website, and a great exposure online. Best is to search through available options are there to build the expected website. About this we can find two popular content management systems: Wix and WordPress. Even though their services are based on web design and templates at a good price, it is their features that make it possible to differentiate each other. Here are the most relevant features of each these CMS.
What Wix brings can be easily resumed in on word: simplicity. The drag an drop website builder is the most easy to use. The freemium platform allows to the users create mobile versions surprisingly clean of their website, put e-commerce websites working and additional functionalities through applications. Wix can cost up between 4.08 and 24.90 $USD monthly.
Why not using Wix.com if it’s a very easy tool to create websites?
- Wix is 50% more expensive than any great web hosting plan out there.
- You pay around $150 for domain and web hosting with Wix and you still can’t have an email account with your domain name.
- Must keep the site “light” for content to be able to load fast on browsers. This is the case with any website but Wix platforms add bunch of extra code with your page that makes it load slower than other platforms out there.
- There are design limitations with Wix – You can only work within the Template you are working with.
- Even more important though, Google is not a fan of Wix. Part of it is because of that Flash it uses. Your website will not rank well, which makes it harder for people to find. This will affect how much traffic you can potentially get because your site will not be search engine optimized. .
WordPress is a popular and free content management system written in PHP that brings you a easy installation in 5 minutes. By default, WordPress functionalities are suited with all you’ll need to create a website of any kind. SEO optimized and easy to expand through plugins based on WordPress API, is the best free way to create websites.
Top 5 reasons why we prefer WordPress to build any kind of business website:
- WordPress is a free software, this means you are free to download, install, use and modify it.
- WordPress is Extendable by Using Themes and Plugins
- WordPress is developed with security in mind, so it is considered quite safe and secure to run any website.
- WordPress is written using standard compliance high quality code and produces semantic mark up which makes your site very attractive to search engines.
- By design WordPress is very SEO friendly, and you can make it even more SEO friendly by using WordPress SEO plugin.
As conclusion, possibly you may like wix.com if what you want is a very simple website with a clean design that shows the basic of your business. But if what you wish if a true tool to bring customers, sales, generate branding and business in general, there is nothing like creating a customized website using WordPress. A WordPress based website offers you the property of your data and settings flexibility while still keeping a easy to use interface that should satisfy everyone.